Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pump Up the Volume

I played in five tournaments on Tuesday. The first one was a $5.50 sit n go. I was card dead for the entire tournament, by the time the blinds got to 75/150 I was down to about 8BB and I went all in with Ks Ts. I ended up losing to pocket Aces when I failed to connect with anything on the board.

I wanted to play some more, so I decided to go down in stakes to the $1.20 and see what I could do there. I played three of these busting out at 6th, 4th, and 4th respectively. I went back and looked at these tournaments. I was playing pretty well, but I guess at some point I got impatient or undisciplined and tried to pull off some cute move or a bluff with trash. At that point it hit me, I don't think you can get away with bluffing at this level. I decided to try one more $1.20 tournament and I was going to keep my discipline and play very tight and aggressive. It worked, I ended up winning the tournament. I learned my lesson, no more cute stuff for me, I'll stick to tight and right.

No comments:

Post a Comment