Monday, January 5, 2009

Third Time is Not the Charm

Played in tournament number 3 today. Ended up busting out in 6th place. It was a very tight table. I busted out with KQs and the end results were very similar to the hand in tournament number 2. I think I need to stay away from Queens. lol

I did have a hand that was questionable for me. Not a lot of raising going on at this point in the tournament, the table seemed very tight. I wasn't sure what to do, so I followed the advice in Sit 'n Go Strategy, "if you're unsure and the blinds are low, just fold." Maybe I should have raised after the flop? I don't know.



PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $5.00+$0.50 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t2770)
MP1 (t2090)
MP2 (t1390)
Kosh (CO) (t1580)
Button (t1545)
SB (t2490)
BB (t1635)

Kosh's M: 10.53

Preflop: Kosh is CO with ,
1 fold, MP1 calls t100, 1 fold, Kosh calls t100, 1 fold, SB calls t50, BB checks

Flop: (t400) , , (4 players)
SB checks, BB bets t300, 1 fold, Kosh calls t300, 1 fold

Turn: (t1000) (2 players)
BB bets t500, Kosh folds

Total pot: t1000

3 comments:

  1. dude are you only playing 1 sit n go a day? you needa pump up the volume a lil

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're playing sit n goes? you need to pump up the cash game tables :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm trying to ease my way in at first. The first of the year is kind of hectic for me, once February rolls around the volume will increase. I'm also waiting on Holdem Manager to come out with their tournament support, which they keep saying will be any day now.

    ReplyDelete